Thursday, October 29, 2009

"You're the best decision I ever made, I just forgot."

"You're the best decision I ever made, I just forgot."

This was what Mike told Scarlet in 17 AGAIN. And it speaks to me, in fact i believe this speaks to most of us. The day we took the step to follow Jesus and commit our lives into His hands was the best decision we ever made in life! sometimes we just forgot. We just forgot our first love. How passionate we were when we first started our ministries, how enthusiatic we were when we were asked to lead worship for the first time (rammaging tru all the songs in our song list from A-Z, spending practically one whole week finding just 3songs for worship), how excited we were when we were asked to join THE TEAM, how happy we were when we looked forward to friday cell every single day and just yearn for weekends to come because we can go to church on Sunday mornings. THATS PASSIONATE first love! the love that consumes every single atom and molecule and cell of our body, the love that nudges us to love, the love that we love sooooo much we just want to be filled everyday by that love, the love that people around us see and want to be filled by too! THAT is the love that can change lives, the love that can impact, the love that is from GOD!

yet going tru life with worries increasing, etc, we forgot about that first love. We get so consumed with LIFE that we forgot that first passionate love we once had and that ONE decision we made which was the best we ever made! i want to remember that first love, i want to go back to the days i get soooo excited about the tiniest thing in life, i want to love God the way i first loved Him!

Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I chose to rest today and let Him take my heavy loads and go back to Him, my first love remembering the best decision I ever made in life! -----> to LOVE GOD

G2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks g2 for the beautiful beautiful message. This is the first time I've seen this style of writing from you, and it blew me away. May we remember our first love forever and ever :)
    g3

    ReplyDelete