Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Climb




This is quite an old song, but it's really inspirational. I can still vividly remember my mom calling me up just to ask me to listen to this song [yeah, my mom is becoming more technologically advanced these days], knowing well that I was going through a rough patch.

There's always gonna be another mountain,
I'm always gonna wanna make it move,
Always gonna be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna hafta lose

Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side,
It's the climb

How true. There will always be obstacles in life which we want to move out of our way right away. It's not easy, and we struggle to overcome them. Being human, we want to win all the time.

But you see, life is not smooth-sailing. We can't win all the time. Sometimes, along the way, we will have to lose. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's neither about how fast we reach the finishing line, nor about the prize. It is our journey there.

Just like our Christian walk. It is neither about how fast we run to finish the race, nor is it about the prize that God is preparing for us.

Instead, it is our life journey to the finishing line...our life journey with God. It is the relationship that we build with Him. It is about how deeply we get to know Him, how closely we strive to walk with Him, how far we are willing to let Him work in us through our mistakes.

And in our walk with God, it's not smooth sailing all the way. Sometimes, we stumble. Sometimes, we fall. There's nothing wrong with that as long as we keep on moving, keep climbing, keep the faith. It's about our climb, our journey there.

The greatest privilege we have as Christians is the opportunity to journey through life on earth with God. To experience Him as we move through life. To grow close to Him, and get to know His heart better. To fall in love with Him, and grow more deeply in love with Him with each passing day. To know with all our heart that even when we stumble and fall, He will always be there to catch us and help us up again.

We have to keep going and keep pushing on. And today, I remind myself that whatever I'm going through now, it's not about how fast I get there, how little I fall, or how successful I am.

It's the climb; my journey home to God.

g3

No comments:

Post a Comment