Thursday, January 7, 2010

story from lil blur elephant=)


smile=) i'm goin to post a letter our lil blur elephant wrote to me when she was in sitiawan. Before she went back home, i reminded her to write a letter and she did write eventually. I believe this letter will make an impact and so i asked for her permission to post this letter. It may seem like a very normal letter, but you can feel God's joy in this girl so much that you'll want to experience that same joy and be at the same places she was. Here goes...

Dearest pokok-pokok,


Hehehe, this is my highschool writing pad that we normally use for exams, LOL. How are you??? Busy working and having fun in the new house Lor I'm sure.

Hmmm, what should I write? How's my life in sitiawan? What have I been doing lately?


I came home and joined my mum's cellgroup the night itself. Cough cough, I feel very weird cuz normally cellgroup on friday in Perth but it's on Monday here. And then there are 7 or 8 aunties, some having hearing problems and some are illiterate. Nevertheless, our pastor was fantastic. He mobilised the cellgroup well, every aunty was involved in ice-breakers and all of them laughed happily!! hehehehe.


Then two days later, I went to church to visit the youth camp there=) This is the first time the youth from our church is combining with youth from singapore! Oh my, the youth from singapore squeeked and screamed trying to light up a match>.<''' Anyways, joining them was still fun, becoming helper and help teachers and watch the youth "suffer" during game times. Lol...Hahaha.

On random days, I went to church for practise. We're practising for 31st December 2009 countdown worship. Seeing the musicians thinking and coming up with new ideas and trying to get the timing and pitches correct really encouraged me. LEarnt a lot of new songs too. 2 years away from the church, they have had many new songs added to the song list. Then normally after practise, we'll go together for supper and laugh and talk and bond=) happy happy!


Oh, I also don't know how I use my phone credit. RM10 top up hardly last for two days when I was in KL. If continue like that, I'll go bankrupt, hahaha. So I ended up limiting my sms and replies. Oh did I tell you the camp there a lot of mosquitoes!!!!! (she draws a mosquitoe) pzzzzzz!


Ah, I thought I couldn't survive without internet in sitiawan. THe first two days was tough, I literally make noise at home saying I want internet, hahahaha!!! Anyways, I'm alright now. Haven't been going online for some time. Life have become much more simple like that. All I do now is stay at home, sometimes stare at the ceiling don't know what to do. Most of the time go church, sometimes help mum with her work.


Oh oh oh, I also read books. I've finished reading Mother Theresa's biography book titled "faith in the darkness". Amazing! All the while I thought she's an American, but rupa-rupanya she's an Albanian. All the while I thought her true name was Theresa, but rupa-rupanya it was something else, complex. I forgot her actual name. Amazing how it was revealed in the end of the book that throughout her life in India, she felt abandoned by God, she felt emptiness. She pressed on and proclaimed that she will still love God and she will refuse God nothing. And all the brave things she did by walking across the war streets to rescue kids trapped in an after-bombed hospital building!!! For her faith when she felt God left her, this book is thus called Faith in the Darkness. She learnt to love the darkness, love God in the darkness.

Yesterday (Sunday) happened to be Sunday School Service, meaning Sunday School kids are going to do the bible reading, play the instruments, lead worship, do drama, dance and sing! Wah, the songs during worship made me tear. Simple songs, faithful songs, a song that shows trust and hope like a kid. It touched me so I teared. Things can be simple for kids but their faith is also just simply believe. Never realise big problems but always know our Big God Daddy and a simple faith through everything, I felt joyful after that. Also also, I see my tambourine kids and dance kids grow up. I feel proud oh, hehehe. MOst of them still dance on stage=) When they see me, still greet me "lao shi!!! (meaning teacher in chinese) " Wah I also smile happy=)!!! Still very good to be in my mother church.

Oh I forgot to say about my KL stay! It was fantastic. This time I met up with Sara a lot, your housemate! We watched 2012 together oh, RM6 only, wakakaka, can die happy with that price, LOL! She is so generous, welcomed me to have lunch and dinner at her house! And her entire family also like her, always laugh happily and easy going=) I also happy there!
Then I also spent a day with my highschool classmates in KL. If you see in FB my pic album there, got 5 gals which you dunno who are them (non-zion), then they are my ex-classmates lor! Happy too! This gal called "Tet Ivy" I like her the most=) hahaha. Then michael so enthu wanna bring us go Pavillion, the super high-end shopping mall oh. So me, sara, michelle, thomas and alvin and michael went. Oh my, very nice the building and the decor inside. Feel amazed for like 15minutes then felt bored ady!!! Cuz we just walked outside the shops, din go in the shop, no need see cuz it won't suit us and the price can kill ppl! I trade my purse also won't be able to buy anything there. So bored in the end>.<''' Can't wait to go home. Everybody left early in the end, hahaha!

Then on the way back from KL to sitiawan, almost reaching sitiawan and I saw BANANA TREES at road side. I just started to feel funny + happy, so I laughed out loud. My friend, Kelvin who was driving the car say I'm 3 8 and crazy. hahaha. I told him I can't wait to see the papaya tree outside my house! HAHAHAHAHA!


During the Sunday in KL, we went to this church FGA. They have invited speaker, an Indian pastor from Sentul. He talked about "Community of Compassion". When the powerpoint came out, only I realised Malaysia and area around us still have many poor communities. Many needs and many ppl suffering. He did also addressed the complexity of the politics in M'sia and the long on-going racial issues. Sigh. Things are kinda complicated but if I'm to come back M'sia, then God will prepare me and lead me. The Sunday School kids sing in chinese "Everything that is done in God's will, will be good thing". Also, as I traveled in the car along the KL streets, I do see horrible driving attitudes and rubbish everywhere along the streets, shops and houses. I wonder am I ready for all these, I guess I will, soon. I enjoyed spending time in mall with friends, but I also believe "There must be more than this" than just walking aimlessly in malls and eating in nice shops. I don't know what will my direction be after I grad, but that is where faith and prayer will sustain my uncertainties! I believe for good season in my life!


Eh eh, see see I write until 5th page ady, hahaha. Think my English has also become Manglish, broken! LOL. Okie la, guess that's all for now!

What's happening in the world out there??


All in all, life become simple here with no internet, less events and less people. Kinda resting mode now and re-learn the simple lessons that I used to learn as I grew up in church. Learn from kids and youth.
Okie la. I miss you all!!!

Merry Christmas and have a good time in summer cell & caroling! God Bless You!

lots of love,

cheahyen

G2

No comments:

Post a Comment