Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jamming session with God

I was really tired today. Since morning, although I was able to wakeup early to prepare to go to church, somehow I knew I wasn't myself. Just felt tired physically. So during the service, I was thinking to myself "I think I better go home right after service and not join cell lunch'. I seldom skip cell lunch on sundays coz i LOVE it! but today I just felt TIRED, so I thought I better go home and rest lar...=) I did went home after service, but I brought back 7ppl. haha=) we decided to cook at home which turned out to be really fun=) ok, now to my main point. I was still tired after lunch. I didn't eat lunch but I was still tired. So when everyone went back, I took out my guitar and started playing songs and singing=) Some may know I'm a beginner in guitar so sometimes I play out of tune. God knows I play the guitar out of tune, SO WHAT?! He was enjoying just as much as I was enjoying myself, singing worship songs from my song book and just jamming on the guitar. Then I went over to the guyz' house to get the keyboard and started playing the worship songs on the keyboard, enjoying my time JAMMING with God! THAT was what I needed! I forgotten the enjoyment of just sitting down playing an instrument that I have so little knowledge of, out of tune somemore! just singing simple worship songs to the Almighty God. It didn't matter if I had the most out of tune guitar playing skills or the not so nice voice, all it matters was that I was able to spend time with Him, quality time, time I wouldn't trade anything for. He knew I was tired, so He gave me strength. He knew I was thirsty, so He gave me a drink. He knew I was hungry, so He fed me good food. I was entertained by God this afternoon in my room and my living room. I hope He was entertained by my out of tune guitar playing skills=)

Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

G2

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that! haha.. nice one trecia! haha.. me too! i do that quite often as well.. wahhaah!

    ReplyDelete