Monday, December 14, 2009

Words that speak

Today, I stumbled upon a blog, and thought I'd just share because of how true I find her words are:
_________________________________________________________

October 29, 2009 by caleabakke

So, yeah, it’s almost November- wow. I go to Chicago next week for my Living World Religions Class. Sweetness.

We recently just came off of social club week here at harding- it was fun and we got alot of really amazing girls.

Since, last year- I have felt like God is going to move powerfully in my social club and bring this awesome group of girls together to serve him and seek Him in a really unique way. That it was going to help change the campus.

Today, and through this last week- God has been humbling me through a book called “The Spiritual Man” by Watchman Nee. As I step back and see God’s plan over my own expectations, it astounds me how He is putting things into actions and bringing people together in a way I never would have imagined.

When I look at it this way, I can see how selfish I have been in expecting the change to start or come through me- and how wrong I was. Through the new pledge class and some of the old members, I am beginning to see a shift- I am seeing girls that I never would have expected to (see how it was all about me?) being completely sold out for Christ.

It is so encouraging to know that God is moving in so many people’s lives. And it is humbling for me. It is not by my own goodness, but by the spirit of Christ that I need to walk, serve, and obey. There has been a great weakening of my soul and flesh- which I totally give praise to God for. When we become weak, He can move in power. Humility. What a beautiful and yet painful thing.

If we want to see God move, we have to submit to His plans and His timing. I cannot shape God to my image, I cannot make change out of my power. I find that when I start to believe that I am “spiritual” that I am “doing good” I need a good smack of Humility. Because, really, this has nothing to do with me.

I see a revival. One of character. I see a group of people becoming broken and humbled so that they can serve God with all they are. I see people rising up that are willing to be refined in the deepest darkest parts of themselves so that they can walk in purity and reach other people who need hope in their lives. They can say- I have been there- I have felt alone, deserted, dirty, and afraid. But, there is hope, and there is truth.

Have you ever prayed a dangerous prayer? It’s when you ask, for example, “God, do what ever it takes to make me depend on you.” And then you wait awhile, might forget about it, until BAM you are hit with situations that make you run to God because the very ground you were standing on has crumbled beneath your feet- and then you remember your dangerous prayers- they are the ones that you ask for even though you know it will be painful so that you can grow closer to God.

As I try to walk in weakness and Humility, I seem to fail more. I snap at my roommate, I say things I shouldn’t- but that is a part of the refining. Seeing my failure in comparison to God’s holiness. It is what makes us humble.

So, here we go. I will continue to walk- and continue to seek God. Without Him, I can’t do anything. I cannot wait to see what continues to happen on campus- especially with these girls. He is so kind to us.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Or few weeks- as you can see, unless I am going somewhere, I usually don’t update my blog.

http://caleabakke.wordpress.com/
__________________________________________________

The words highlighted in red are personally the thoughts I had, and things I've learnt/am still learning. I couldn't have written that more beautifully.

May God continue to move throughout the world, and may the eyes of our hearts be opened to Him! :)

g3

2 comments:

  1. "They can say- I have been there- I have felt alone, deserted, dirty, and afraid. But, there is hope, and there is truth.“

    like reading ur words, and been encouraged by ur sharings. please keep it on...

    - be broken for Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the repost! I really like your posts
    so far- keep up the good work!

    May God bless you and keep you,

    caleabakke

    ReplyDelete