Thursday, December 3, 2009

God is good

For the past few weeks, I have been asking Him questions after questions, waiting on Him for answers. Today, I encountered another setback, and feelings of being useless started to surface.

But today, God again showed Himself true. God is amazing.
He answered in His own way, reassuring me and reminding me of the lessons He has taught me.

He did this in the most peculiar way ever, through 5 daily devotional cards my good friend gave me a long time ago, cards which I absentmindedly used as bookmarks for library books I lent.

In the car, I felt a nudging to read them. When I did, I was just blown away. God is faithful. His ways are above our ways.

These are what the cards say:
  1. You were shaped for serving God- 'We are simply God's servants..Each one of us does the work which the Lord gave him to do: I planted the seed, Apollos watered the plant, but it was God who made the plant grow' 1 Corinthians 3:5-6
  2. Life is a test and a trust- 'Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones' Luke 16:10
  3. I was created to become like Christ- 'As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him and reflect His glory even more' 2 Corinthians 3:18
  4. It is never too late to start growing- 'Let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God- what is good and is pleasing to Him and is perfect' Romans 12:2
  5. God smiles when I trust Him- 'The Lord is pleased only with those who worship Him and trust His love' Psalm 147:11
This may not mean anything much to others, but it meant the world to me. To be reassured by God that He is with me despite the imperfection that is in me renewed my spirit.

I love God, and as I continue to serve Him, I trust He will continue to work in me so I may recognise His will and become more like Him.

g3

No comments:

Post a Comment