Friday, October 21, 2011

I choose to be Mary

Today on a cold spring day in Melbourne, I am filled with a sense of peace and stillness. God is present in my heart and I feel His overflow of love and peace. I am reminded that I have life because of His son.

I haven't written in a long time. It's as if I haven't written a love post to Him for a long time. Today as my heart tries to keep up with deciphering the love code He has written on my soul, the song plays on repeat........... Love came down and rescued me, Love came down and set me free, I am His.
And ohhh, how my soul sings out with joy!

Funny how songs reach where no speech can. Perhaps that is the reason heaven is filled with songs, songs of praise and worship, of adoration and awe.

I realise today that I'm always like Martha, having the mindset of running around getting things done (cos I figure that's more important) when Christ just wants me to be like Mary, sitting down at His feet to enjoy His company. Often, after getting things done, I just feel too tired to do anything else. How much better if I go to Him first then getting renewed/refueled for the days ahead. At least I set right first who is most important in my life.

So today (and by faith, everyday), I choose to be Mary. Teehee.

g3

No comments:

Post a Comment